Monday 16 June 2014

Crockery for Sketch


David Shrigley crockery at sketch

Whilst us mere mortals may only dream of spuffing £21 on a portion of Fish & Chips at Sketch restaurant in Mayfair, you've got to admit, this afternoon tea does look bloody lovely, in spite of David Shrigley's joyously cack-handed wonky crockery.

David Shrigley - Man having peeDavid Shrigley has been asked to design the tableware and provide loads of original artwork for the walls - apparently you can buy the drawings from Stephen Friedman Gallery.

I think he's toned the swearing down a bit for this commission. I've been scouring the walls and the most 'offensive' image I've found is of a bloke in a cape having a pee. Do let me know if you find anything a bit more obscene.

The crockery set goes on sale online in July, and I've no idea how much it's going to cost, but I think we can safely say it's not going to be cheap. I'm going to have to  sell one of the kids to get my hands on his milk jugs.

Also found this picture  of somebody called Bip Ling (!) pouting like a loon at the opening night party. Apparently she hasn't got a boyfriend. She doesn't want one either.

Bip Ling having a pout
Bip Ling - she doesn't want a boyfriend.

No comments:

Post a Comment